Sunday, July 23, 2006

all you need is love


the beetles knew what they were talking about. after a week of being personally overwhelmed i was on the phone with my mother (hi mom). i wasnt really able to explain what i was so upset about... one of things where it wasnt one specific instance but several little things. continuing to nearly sob even after i had hung up, my phone rang again. mother. the first words out of her mouth were, "we're on our way." she had called my dad (hi daddy) and together they had decided to drop everything for the weekend and drive from chattanooga, tn to the bay just for me. not only that but my sister, kelly, (hi kelly) and her daughter, lily, (hey beano) were also coming. wow. i cant put into words the amount of gratitude and love i have for them. the idea that people could love someone that much that they would drive over seven hours just to be near... it amazes me. this weekend was one of the most relaxing ones that ive spent here. and it is all thanks to my family.
guys... thank you so much for coming down. i had a blast with you. i miss you and i hope to see you sooner to another six weeks. i cant begin to tell you how grateful i am to you all. i love you all very much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vernie:
I was telling a friend that I was sooooo thankful to get to "see you, talk with you, touch you and just be with you" this weekend. I also told her that it was worth every hour in the car (there and back) to hear you sing on Sat. nite. I closed my eyes and just tried to absorb every syllable. "oh come all ye faithful" was so special. I want to do it again. You are my vernie. I love you, Moo

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to send you a toothbrush...but I'm glad your family came to see you instead. That's got to be much better.

Emily (Andy's sister)

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home