Sunday, June 25, 2006

All of the vain things I cherish most, I sacrifice them to His blood.

What a hard, cold, miserable return: Seems that it is far easier for us (sinful beings) to bicker and argue with one another than it is to stop for just a moment in the heat of a battle and love one another. We all struggle with different things and yet we don't have the vision to see past that. Why do we expend so much time and energy swatting at these flies with sledgehammers? Why are our hearts and minds so instantly engaged and our emotions surging with great vigor in our defense? The answer is simple. These issues are not minor or insignificant. We defend that which we deem of great value. We think it is our life we are saving. We believe something much larger will be lost if we do not use every means to rescue it. Our name, our reputation, our honor, our glory. "If I don't point out that I've been misunderstood, misquoted, or falsely accused, then others won't know I'm right. And if I don't point out my rightness, nobody will. I will be scorned and condemned in the eyes of others. Man fails all the time: man fails to admit, man fails to do right, man fails. We need to throw our pride out the window and pursue that one perfect Love (that being Christ our Lord) above ourselves, above others, and it all that we do - Pursue Him for He will never let you down, He will never leave, and He will never fail.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a well written article and very articulate. Thank you for the appropriate and timely message.

I am glad you are doing well and are enjoying what you are doing.

Sorry we will miss you in WV.

Auntie Shari

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home