Wednesday, June 14, 2006

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it....




Alright, so I'm not Emily. Sorry if that causes any disappointment, but being absent minded as I am, I already forgot my password to this whole blogging business and I (Austin) am using Emily's account. Recently we seem to have been saying "goodbye" a little more than I expected to. Zech left a few days ago, and this morning Emily Mark - Eric's "special friend" left and both are sorely missed here! I wonder if Emily took the low-skilled route home.....

On a different note, last weekend we were treated to a shrimp boil curtosey of Tim and Tommy Kid. They brought some 200lbs of shrimp and some crabs to Lagniappe and cooked them here along with everything else that a shrimp boil entails. Now, being from Texas and from a family that doesn't eat alot of seafood, I was not aware of shrimp boil etiquette (is there such a thing?) and this was my first true shrimp boil experience. Its a little embarassing to say, but I didn't even know how to peel shrimp, so Eric quickly stepped up to the plate and gave me a shrimp peeling lesson. Everyone was elbow deep in shrimp and smiling from ear to ear at the treat! I'm sure it was a welcom break for Eric and Alicia who normally cook for us! A few of us spent a lazy Sunday afternoon talking and peeling pounds and pounds of shrimp so it wouldn't go bad. I had no idea how entertaining it could be to just sit around talking, laughing, and peeling. Since this weekend, we have been having various forms of shrimp - gumbo, creole etc. which has also been stellar.

That is just some of the news from the Bay so far but there is always more to come....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Austin- I feel so loved! And thanks for the two hugs- I feel especially special! I did actually take the low-skilled route home, too! It was a sad drive- I was very sad to leave my "special friend" of course, but I was also sad to leave you all and lagniappe. Y'all are amazing and there are incredible things happening there; I'm so grateful I was able to be part of it for a little while. Rest assured I will be back soon! much love to you all~ emily

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home