Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Aftermath of Solitude


Jesus always seems to be on to something. I often think of Jesus with people and actively ministering among them, but I often lose sight of the Jesus who retreated from those same people to spend time with the Father. How much more do we need to follow this model when we seek to serve as well.
Taking Friday and Saturday off I sought solitude from the day to day hustle of Lagniappe and it was amazing! It gave me a chance to rest, collect my thoughts, read, pray, write, and even do a little fishing. Much love to John Henry for letting me crash his humble abode for the weekend. I found this verse written on a tile on his shelf. So appropriate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you got that time away. So true, so true - a lesson so many learn in the midst of desperate need of that time with HIM alone.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home