Monday, August 14, 2006

A Couple of Shout Outs




To my brethren of Mississippi origin (Jean & Eric): I couldn't help but to think of ya'll when I saw this tomato with mayo laying on the ground when we stopped for gas on the trip home.

To my health conscious and compassionate sisters: This chicken truck reminded me of all the conversations of the cruel reality faced by poultry, swine, and beef cattle in the world today. (Just look how sad those chickens are. They can hardly move, but I guess its for the good of taste and profit. I mean who would want to eat anything that actually exercised its muscles? It would be way too tough to chew.)

To all ya'll ;) "Furmanites": I came across this picture while satiating my nostalgia and check out my friends' shirt! Crazy...

2 Comments:

Blogger sd said...

sir...I really miss you! You are actually hillarious--something that someone might miss if they don't get past the quiet image :)

I hope you are doing well...the picture of you in the moffet is to be posted today-so look for it! You and the other terns are in my prayers, and we seriously miss you. It's unbelievably quiet around here, and by unbelievably I mean unbelievably!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One Monday morning on my way to work I saw a truck the size of a semi pass me. Instead of a trailer though it had stacked chicken cages (like those). Nothing out of the ordinary until I noticed perched on the top of all the cages - right at the rear overlooking any vehicles passed - was a one solitary chicken. He was outside the cage, travelling somewhere (backwards), hanging on for dear life and I thought for a moment that I knew what he felt like.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home