Friday, August 11, 2006

so everyone's transferring to furman, right?

I'm just a teenager, but I'm doing all right for a college kid ;)

let's take a walk down memory lane with some of my favorite lagniappe moments...
1. Driving Ryn to the airport at 4:00 in the morning while still in a coma with my eyes closed
2. Learning to drive a stick for the first time with the gray truck, a large trailer, and 5000 lbs on it in a crowded 84 lumber parking lot and then destroying the trailer tire on an obnoxiously oversized fence in the parking lot. In hindsight, it wasn't our best idea.
3. Hearing Jean in his self-gratifying moments e.g. being a blessing to this church
4. Having Jill pop my tire within a 400 foot radius of the church and sweet Dave fixing it the next day
5. Listening to our friend Kevin freestyle about Smokey the dog
6. How much joy we find in a bottle of water and a real shower
7. When people I've just met comment on how small my hands and feet are
8. Being reminded that I resemble an elf.
9. When Ryn asked me where they could find me in the movie Elf. Thanks.
10. When Ryn asked me if I'd ever been a mall elf. Even better.
11. Being voted most likely to become a rapper. Finally you recognize my lyrical genius and crazy rhetoric!
12. Having Dave and Haley come with me and Steph to YL camp and getting to see a huge, important part of our lives.

I think 12 is a good, strong number for right now.

I had no idea how difficult it would be to say goodbye to y'all today. It's become so evident that what was started here was completely designed by the Lord. How else could so many extremely different 'terns form a whole-heartedly functional and devoted group -- devoted to each other and spurring one another on in doing God's work. Although I cried buckets today, you could probably call me ridiculously excited because I know this is not the last time I'll see you guys. I can't wait to see how our relationships are continued and what kind of paper mache creations I receive in the mail from each of you (don't worry, I'll blog my school address later so that you can send them soon). I spy a challenge: I really want to know the paths that each of your lives are taking, so keep up with this blog. Do it. I love you all so much. I'll probably write something cheesier later.

5 Comments:

Blogger hales said...

i love my little elf

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww cshores... don't let them pick on you.

ac

6:23 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

cshores- thank you so much for writing your sweet letter in my journal! I love you so much!

7:32 AM  
Blogger jersey ryn said...

christy dale...
i'm at home, with no humidity, temps in the low 70s, a real shower, a hair cut, my family, my car... and all i want is to be back at lagniappe. i miss you all so so very much, and echo what you said about keeping the blog updated. fo sho. ;)
xxx

12:36 PM  
Blogger bedrafer said...

christy, that was downright sentimental - im kinda shocked:-)

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home