Wednesday, August 09, 2006

every grain of sand


As I write, I'm sitting in the basement of my parents' home in Topeka, KS. I drove here from BSL on monday and tuesday (approx. 16 hours- really not that long y'all...come see me!) and had some awesome time to listen to newly acquired cds and sermons (thanks Jordan). On the 'tern mix, I listened to "Every Grain of Sand"...at least 5 times. When the song would end, I would rewind it just enough to hear the last line again: "I'm hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan- like every sparrow falling and like every grain of sand." (ooh, and p.s.-I have a lump in my throat the size of a fema trailer as I write this) I guess that line just really hit me- we're in the balance of a perfect finished plan. We don't know what that plan looks like or how our present situation fits into that, but we know that God already has it figured out and his plan is perfect. God has every detail figured out (down to the details of each grain of sand...which has so much more meaning now) and Lagniappe was part of His perfect plan for each one of our lives. I'm SO thankful for all you lagniappe folk and the awesomeness of this summer- I love you guys and miss you like crazy. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger hales said...

i love my emiline.

8:47 AM  
Blogger bedrafer said...

i love that you compared something to a fema trailer! thats gotta go back to school with all of us!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home