Sunday, March 25, 2007

recap of a week in the tool crib



Over last fall, and then the times I've been able to be back at Lagniappe this spring, I've had a chance to meet some of the people applying to be interns this summer... basically, they're all so awesome that I kind of wish I was doing a second round. :) Seriously, it's exciting to see the people God is bringing each season to serve at Lagniappe.

Well, spring break was good times & went by all too fast. And now I'm a little less surprised to find that now that I'm back at W&M, Lagniappe continues to be a part of my life here, too. Before I left for break, my RUF campus minister had asked me to speak at the next large group about Lagniappe's internship program. So, did I carefully prepare over those days in the Bay?? Nope, of course not. ;) I threw together a few slides, & then stayed up late-ish Monday night getting them into some semblance of order. I ended up being somewhat coherent, I think, & a few people have talked to me about maybe applying... I think that would be pretty awesome. More W&M exposure to the Bay can only be a good thing. :)

In other news, my brother, Bill, is trying to choose where he wants to go to college, & so we've been talking recently about all the things that go into that--what he wants to do, what he's looking for, what I've gotten out of college. During the course of that, I tossed out an idea I had kicking around in my head about senior year next year, involving maybe being at Lagniappe for part of it. Now, my parents were each able to get down to the Bay for a visit, but my brother never was, & so he has a bit more trouble understanding why I'm continually drawn back there. Also, he just got an ipod. So he's started listening to all the old Lagniappe podcasts so that we can talk through them. I'm excited. :)

Love from the east coast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home