Saturday, November 25, 2006

Solsbury Hill

When illusion spin her net
I'm never where I want to be.
And liberty she pirouette
When I think that I am free;
Watched by empty silhouettes
Who close their eyes, but still can see
No one taught them etiquette.
I will show another me--
Today I don't need a replacement.
I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant.
My heart going--boom boom boom.
"Hey," I said, "You can keep my things,
they've come to take me home."

Read it a few times. Think about it.
What I got out of it--
1) Lagniappe's changed my life, 100%, completely. Just a few: I'm braver & less scared (two different things), more real, more free, & know that I am loved by God.
2) Home is with people, not things or a place.
3) Life is best lived with eyes open.

Plans for the next few weeks:
Fly home for Christmas, & back to BSL on the 26th. Drive my car home--stop in Maryland on the 29th to go to a Carbon Leaf show with my friend, Steph! :) New Year's with Mallory. Get wisdom teeth out--also, plow through reading list, & veg on couch watching last seasons of Lost and Gilmore Girls. Sara's wedding in Williamsburg Jan. 6. Drive down to W&M Jan 21.

Biggest New Goal: half-marathon with Jordan & Erica March 25th!!!
Saddest Occurence: My iPod broke. :(
Most Fun Surprise: Surprising my family for Thanksgiving. :)
Airport Rankings: 1. Houston 2. Newark 3. Philly 4. Charlotte 5. Gulfport 6. New Orleans
Favorite New Thing: White knit beanie from Banana Republic / new Reef flip flops (old ones broke)
New Music: Solsbury Hill, live version (Peter Gabriel); Walk On (U2); Blue Sky (Patty G.); Use Me (Hootie & the Blowfish); Someday We'll Know (Hall & Oates)

4 Comments:

Blogger bedrafer said...

you better count me in on that half marathon!! and who is this intern juice? i read her blog about alex and seth and it was really funny, which austinite did she stay with? leslie and carrie or rosalind and mercy?

5:41 PM  
Blogger jersey ryn said...

auuustin!!! :)
i think she (ruth... ryn & ruth... gin & juice) stayed with carrie, that name sounds really familiar.

AND.... get yourself signed up!
http://atlanta.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=atlanta&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inggeorgiamarathon.com%2Fsite3.aspx

lemme know when you do! how awesome is that, you & me & jordan & erica (who you'll love!) all meeting up in atlanta to run!! :)

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home