Thursday, October 19, 2006

Eric Shaved His Head--True Story; I Was There / I Helped.

It's 1 a.m., and I'm pulling another allnighter, my 2nd this week (not that I've gotten much more sleep the other nights), for my Child Psychology test tomorrow. I'm not the only one up though--the Knoxville high school kids (from the same church as last week's UT Cross Greek group) are up, too--I can hear them outside the office watching T.V. And they've got to be up and out of here by 6:00. I'm only guessing that they must be able to sleep most of the way back. Anyways, once again, Knoxville came through in a BIG way. These kids were great. They'll be missed. And, absolutely incredible, they donated us three compressors, roofing guns, and hoses. AWESOME.

This week--running the tool crib, making a lot of Lowes runs, loading & helping deliver sheds, unloading H.A.N.D.S. trailers on the Moffet (my fave--not gonna lie), running teams out to worksites, painting benches, but most of all hanging out with Emaline. So good. Tuesday, the two of us and Jordan decided last minute to drive out to Birmingham to see a Derek Webb show, Emily Mark, Eric, and Kim. It was too short, of course, but AWESOME. I needed some tern time, bad. Hoping to get back their direction soon. Other accomplishment of this week--I've been "running" (15 minutes each time) twice. I'm hoping to get into some sort of running shape again before I leave. Not that I have the time, but whatev--I'll make time. :)

Superlatives--

Best New Lagniappe Addition: The conversion of the light pole into the Tern Direction Pole (come back! add one!).

Second Best New Lagniappe Addition: The couch in the tern office; or the cot in the tool crib. Either way, I can now work all the time and not even have to move for my two hours of sleep each day. Great. Fantastic.

Best New Food/Beverage Product: Pomegranate Oolong tea.

Favorite Verse: Jude v. 24 & 25.

Favorite Quote: The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars. --Jack Kerouac

Soundtrack Now Includes: everything Coldplay and Derek Webb, Time After Time (Erin Bode)

Comments. Do it up. It's like encouragement without having to do any actual work. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryn,
I knew you would start to fly the Moffet like a pro.
Take care and get some sleep....

9:35 PM  
Blogger jersey ryn said...

YESSS.
thanks for having faith in me.
i will TRY to get some sleep. i was on the phone with my mom yesterday, informing her that after getting home on christmas eve, on december 26th i plan to promptly fall into a comma for the next two weeks. she seemed okay with that. :)
let me know when you are coming back to lagniappe--i plan on trying to set up a tuesday/thursday schedule this semester so that i can have long weekends, slash, maybe come down to lagniappe a time or two.... ??
take care!

12:04 PM  
Blogger remington said...

ooooo i love that quote... i have seen it before but forgot about it until now!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home