Monday, August 21, 2006

frozen burritos and drinkin' right out o' the bottle

School has officially started. I'm sitting in the computer lab in my old dorm and I have an hour until I have to be at work (clearly not enough time to walk approx. 20 mins back to my appartment and then walk back 20 minutes later). The only other person in the computer lab is another student with headphones on listening to some vicious techo music...quite loudly. Even though I'm across the room from him, I'm reminded of our dear friend Zech. It sounds like a killer dance mix with about 4 seconds of music skipping....over and over. Anyway, just got back from my first class. It was a lame library "mini-class" that everyone in the arts and sciences college has to take. It only meets once and everything from then on is online. If everything goes as planned, I will only have classes on tuesdays and thursdays this semester. I moved into my appartment this last thursday. Its a little over a mile from the edge of campus. So, when I get a bike, I will be golden. The last few days I've been attempting to move in and begin life in Lincoln. Last night for dinner I had a frozen burrito and since moving in I haven't wanted to wash dishes much, so I had a big jug/bottle/container of orange juice I was drinking right out of. Hadn't really done that much before- it was quite freeing. Dirty dishes in the sink, piles of chaos everywhere, drinking oj right out of the bottle and cheap frozen foods- isn't that what college is all about? (sigh) I've been frequenting my D. Webb and Patty Griffin cds- they're pretty much flippin awesome and remind me of you guys. Kim sent me an e-mail and she mentioned the fact that going back to college reminded her of Mr. C Gray: He changed and New Or-le-ans didn't. As Kim mentioned, I feel like I changed and Lincoln didn't. The transition has been odd. On that note, I've appreciated the calls and text/facebook/email messages y'all have sent- it's been awesome. I've had requests to tell y'all about the Chicago trip. I don't have my camera with me now, but I'll try to post some thoughts about the trip and maybe some pictures of Nebraska (woot!) on the new blog and attempt to start the blog transition. I miss y'all so much and hope you're doing well.

1 Comments:

Blogger jersey ryn said...

em! let's talk about how weird it is that we've both been on a d. webb/patty griffin kick. & let's have more of those phone sessions. they rock my world. :) miss you loads (obviously).

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home