Friday, October 13, 2006

volunteer Volunteers, & Miss Emaline

The UT Cross Greek kids are here, and I'm LOVIN them. They can come back anytime, for sure. They've got Ethan & an awesome worship team--two thumbs WAY up. And they're extra encouraging, not to mention really hard workers. From what other team did I get three hugs, and an offer to go running at 5:30 a.m.?? That's right, none. GO VOLS! :)

Back to the superlatives.

Amount I've Slept In the Last Four Days: 10 hours.

Best New Food I've Discovered: Kashi GoLean Crunch.

A Top Ten Lagniappe Moment: Miss Emaline Schmidt getting here last night. I did the leap-forward-and-sit-on-her-waist move. People applauded. :)

Proudest Accomplishment: With Emaline, switching out the bucket on the skidsteer, hooking up a trailer, & loading three sheds. New job description--all right. :)

Hardest I've Laughed: Listening to Cliff talk to Christy Dale on my cell at Los Tres last night. PS, Inez's family is really fun, too. :)

Soundtrack Now Includes: Steal My Kisses (Ben Harper), When It Don't Come Easy (Patty Griffin), I Can't Catch You (Sixpence None the Richer), Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac), What About Love (Heart), Rain (Patty Griffin), To Be With You (Mr. Big)

Right now, I'm sitting in the Mockingbird, one of those really big mugs--that you can wrap both hands around--of black coffee sitting in front of me, my textbooks and notebooks spread all over. At the table across is Erica, the Habitat coordinator (and another Vol--she was SO pumped when Tennessee beat Georgia in Athens... her boyfriend is a Bulldog, & then she had to spend the rest of the night on the phone with him explaining that she wasn't really *that* excited that the Volunteers won... funny. :) ) who lives with us at Lagniappe (Hi, Erica :) ). She's studying for her menu exam at Trapani's tonight, and I'm studying for my Nutrition exam tomorrow. She's got two hours left, & I've got 16. In reality, I have 12, because 4 of those hours will be taken up with driving to the exam tomorrow, and tonight eating with Em at Lookout 49 & then picking Jean up from the airport. And theoretically, I have less time than that, because I should spend some of it sleeping, but, let's face it, that's not happening. Thursday night I slept an hour, from 3-4 a.m., because I was up writing a paper & then taking Jean to the airport, and my nightly sleep average (NSA) hasn't improved much since then. That's why I was so looking forward to running with Ethan this morning, but equally okay with the fact that their breakfast got moved to 5:30 & so running got moved to the backburner. I needed the sleep. (Thanks, Ethan--it'll happen next time. Spring break. No worries. :) ) Anyways, I think I've procrastinated enough. This exam so isn't going to study for itself.

Grace & peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home