Sunday, April 01, 2007

paint all up in my hair

Two Lagniappe-related life developments this week--

1. This Saturday with HPI, my friend Erin & I helped finish up painting some of the houses that didn't get finished at Paint the Town last weekend. We've both talked with our RUF campus minister, Ben Robertson, about the need to get RUF-ites more involved with community service here at W&M--and not just RUF sponsered events; we should dive into the fantastic opportunities that already exist, mix it up with some new people, & get some work done. Like painting houses. Needless to say, I came back covered in paint (Lagniappe staff--is anybody really surprised?? Nope, didn't think so. :P).

2. I had applied for another summer grant, like the one Office of Student Volunteer Services gave me last summer, to use toward this summer.... I found out this week I got it, which was kind of amazing. :) I've been seeing that a lot in my life recently--God providing money when I've needed it, in ways I would never expect. It reminds me a lot of those very early days at Lagniappe, when suddenly someone would come tearing through the room waving a paper in the air, shouting about this donor or that grant or some pledge or another. So, I know He provides, but yet, somehow, each time, I'm still amazed.

PS, PRAY FOR THE BAY bumper stickers have finally materialized??!? I'm gonna go peel some of the other dozen off my car right now, so that people actually have a shot at noticing this new one. :)

PPS It's been two weeks since I was last in the Bay, & already I need another fix. I feel like an addict. The bearable time between fixes seems to keep getting less & less. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home